Classification of hydraulic seals and mechanical seals
Classification of mechanical seals and hydraulic seals
Models of mechanical seals: cartridge seal series, light mechanical seal series, heavy mechanical seal series, etc.
Hydraulic seals: lip seals, V-shaped seals, U-shaped seals, Y-shaped seals, YX-shaped seals, and hydraulic cylinders commonly used combined seals are mainly bud-shaped ring, grid ring and Sterling seal.
When purchasing seals for maintenance, most users will purchase according to the size and color of the sample, which will only increase the difficulty of purchasing, and may not necessarily select the appropriate product. The following procedures are recommended to improve the accuracy of purchasing seals:
1. Direction of movement-First determine the direction of movement of the seal, such as reciprocating, rotating, spiral or fixed.
2. The key point of sealing-for example, it is determined that the moving point is the inner diameter of the rod seal or the moving point is the outer diameter of the piston seal.
3. Temperature grade-Consult the original machine operating instructions or evaluate the working temperature according to the actual working environment to determine the required materials. For the description of the temperature class, please refer to the following precautions for production users.
4. Size-Most users will buy according to the old samples used, but after using for a period of time, the original size of the seal will be greatly affected by factors such as temperature, pressure and wear. The sample selection can only be used as a reference , A better method is to measure the size of the metal groove where the seal is located, the accuracy will be higher.
5. Pressure level-check the relevant data from the original machine instructions, or infer the working pressure level by observing the softness and structure of the original seal. For the description of the pressure level, please refer to the following user notices.
Mechanical seals are one of the basic mechanical components with precise and complicated structure, and are the key components of various pumps, reaction synthesis kettles, turbine compressors, submersible motors and other equipment. Its sealing performance and service life depend on many factors, such as type selection, machine accuracy, and correct installation and use.
Hydraulic seals have pressure requirements and require a certain degree of smoothness on the joint surface. Sealing elements are mostly made of rubber, and the sealing effect is achieved by local deformation of the seal.